Sask Polytech’s applied research partners have access to exceptional facilities and faculty expertise, funding for research and development, and a wide network of connections. By partnering in innovation and testing we enable companies to capture new opportunities, solve everyday problems and contribute to economic growth and job creation in Saskatchewan.
Sask Polytech delivers solutions to industry problems
Sask Polytech can help innovate and develop prototypes for industry partners
Sask Polytech has the in-house capacity to conduct experiential development, business validation, and technology adoption and provides the resources industry needs to innovate. Faculty and staff combine their expertise with a wide spectrum of leading-edge technology such as 3D printers, water and laser-jet cutters, and computer numerical control (CNC) machines to assist research partners with the capital-intensive components of the product development process.
Sask Polytech involves students in applied research and innovation
学生们 participate in applied research projects that offer team work and problem-solving experiences to solve real business challenges. 该 benefit of student participation is two-fold: businesses get access to an additional resource and students build their skills, ensuring graduates are ready to contribute on the job on day one.
Sask Polytech gets research and development funding
该 Innovative Manufacturing Centre (IMC) is home to the new Innovative Manufacturing program. Developed through a collaboration between Sask Polytech, industry and employers the program provides students with a broad knowledge and skill-set in manufacturing. Graduates will find jobs in the industrial, agricultural, mining, textile, forestry and food processing sectors, among others.
Manufacturers can access the latest tools, equipment and expertise to improve production methods and test new ideas, such as experimenting with bioplastics to make lighter, stronger, more environmentally friendly components for their products. Prototyping and emergency part creation are also possible through our facilities.
Biomaterials 测试 and Prototyping (B-TAP) facility:
- Focuses on custom prototype production.
- Offers bioplastic production and expertise, including both injection and rotational molding, plus testing capacity.
- Analyze and improve innovative materials, processing systems and machinery for manufacturing of bio-based materials such as bioplastics.
Research, Additive Manufacturing and Prototyping (RAMP) facility:
- Features a mature additive manufacturing (3D printing) program and facilities.
- Provides manufacturing design, prototyping, fine-tuning of technologies and commercialization.
- Offers the capability to rapidly produce prototypes and parts with plastic and carbon fibre composites.
- Future plans include adding the ability to create products and items with metal and resin 3D printing.
- Includes a track mounted welding robot capable of aluminum welding (TIG).
- Will allow larger parts / multiple stations, plus addition of aluminum capability.
- 行业 is able to prototype new parts and have the ability to support the investigation of large parts.
- 包括组件合作机器人，机器人共享与人类一个工作区。 cobots允许人类的灵活性，智能和适应性与机器人的精度和准确度配合工作。
- 行业 can investigate and become comfortable with the technology before implementing it live on their shop floor.
- 行业 can experiment on how to quickly deploy simple automation cells
- Builds industry trained and experienced professionals across all aspects of Internet of things integration.
- Aids in the development of solutions supporting start-ups bringing new and innovative sensor systems to market.
DICE will provide to industry and academia:
- Ability to properly architect, secure, integrate, test and capitalize on the data being collected.
- Prototyping of a wide variety of sensor integration scenarios across a diverse industry spectrum.
Asset monitoring and management:
500 Internal Server Error-足球外围_外围足球
Internal Server Error
该 server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- 该 mesh testbed will focus on open technology that can help monitor and control devices using machine to machine communication. This supports maintaining scalability, interoperability and fault tolerance between different vendors and protocols increasing resiliency and easing integration of distributed devices.
- Capacity for library construction, PCR, qPCR, image analysis and enzyme kinetics
- Cell culture facilities, including bio-safety cabinets, incubators and cryopreservation
- Cutting-edge equipment for molecular biology, including isolation, quantization and analysis of DNA, RNA and protein
In addition, Applied Research guarantees appropriate research management services, ensuring an industry-focused engagement process:
- 行业-oriented intellectual property policy
- Non-disclosure and strict confidentiality of partner information
- Project management and technology transfer support
- Research ethics and integrity oversight
- 布莱恩沙特朗, program head, BioScience Technology, School of Animal and BioSciences
From forestry to tourism, from First Nations to park users—we all enjoy Saskatchewan’s natural resources. Applied Research offers services to complement projects that seek to understand and protect the natural world around us. 该se services harness the academic expertise and leading-edge technology that exemplify 萨斯喀彻温省理工学院's Natural 资源 programs.
行业-driven research projects capitalize on 萨斯喀彻温省理工学院's:
- Field equipment for aquatic habitat assessment, fish and benthic macroinvertebrate collection and water-quality sampling
- Capacity to assess terrestrial habitats and conduct rare plant and wildlife population surveys
- Laboratory facilities for microscopy, plant and animal identification; large mammal necropsy; and sonogram analysis
In addition, Sask Polytech also maintains hannin小溪 – an educational facility north of Prince Albert on the shores of Candle Lake. In partnership with the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, HCEARC provides industry experts and students with unique hands-on learning opportunities in forestry, fisheries, wildlife, conservation law, recreation and environmental, civil and water resources technologies.
- 大卫·霍尔斯特德, MSc, BSc, senior researcher and project manager, School of Natural 资源 and Build environment
- 莱拉benmerrouche, researcher, School of Natural 资源 and Build environment
- 斯科特lipsit, program head, School of Natural 资源 and Build environment
- 瑞安加尔布雷思, instructor, School of Natural 资源 and Build environment
该 Centre for Health Research, Improvement and Scholarship （克里斯）支持实现其学术发展目标和愿望在健康科学和护理学院的萨斯喀彻温省的中专教师。
Through the CHRIS faculty can access support for publication and presenting, grant and funding applications, and request in-service sessions on a variety of scholarly topics. 该 CHRIS also serves as a hub for research networking and allows faculty to connect with potential research partners within the 萨斯喀彻温省理工学院 community and beyond.
The CHRIS will create a network to support excellence in the exploration, generation, critique, dissemination and application of contemporary healthcare, nursing and health science practice and teaching knowledge. 该 vision of the CHRIS is to contribute to the delivery of quality healthcare to patients, families and communities in Saskatchewan.
The CHRIS will reflect a culture of scholarship that is innovative, creative and collaborative and that seeks to provide leadership for, and engage in partnerships with regional, national and international healthcare and nursing communities. 该 CHRIS will contribute to moving contemporary knowledge of nursing, healthcare and health sciences forward in ways that are innovative, practical, feasible, effective and efficient.
Ready to get started or need more information?
查看 我们的条款 欲获得更多信息。
Ready to start exploring a partnership with Sask Polytech? 完成一个项目查询表格 or contact us directly at the number below.